Merits & Demerits of Democracy in Africa

Home Forums Pan-African Discussion Forum Merits & Demerits of Democracy in Africa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Akogun Akomolafe
    Keymaster

Debate: Is Democracy a Good or a Bad thing for Africa?

We try to generate opinions and ideas on the Merits and Demerits of the Western-Styled Democratic system of governance that most countries in Africa have adopted.

Kindly state your opinion on Democracy: Is it a Good or a Bad thing for the Continent.

Please give your reasons.

Akogun Akomolafe
    Keymaster

I think the current political system in Africa is a total waste of people’s time and resources. Just like the African masses did not see a gain from two decades of ‘austerity measures,’ the expected dividends of dividends remain a mirage.

I agree with Kwame Nkrumah’s apt definition of western-styled democracy as a ‘competition between oligarchists.’

Only a fool will believe that politicians are ‘father Christmases,’ who will spend their money without expecting to reap rewards.

We urgently need to develop a new governing system that take into account our history, culture and temperament.

I am more inclined towards the Chinese Collective Leadership System of government. People get promoted to the highest echelon based on their individual track records at the provinces.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support us with your Paypal Donations